If you travel frequently and would like to earn rewards on travel and dining out, consider using the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card. It offers unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases. If you are a Bank of America Preferred Rewards client, your rewards can be increased by up to 75%, which means that you can earn up to 3.5 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining out. In addition, you can earn 50,000 bonus points, redeemable for $500, after qualified spending.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points- a $500 value - after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards client, you can get a 25%-75% rewards bonus on every purchase.
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Flexibility to redeem for a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® or Merrill Lynch® accounts like checking, savings, and 529, for gift cards or use at the Bank of America Travel Center.
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee
- Intro APR
- Intro APR Period
- Regular APR
- 17.99% - 24.99% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Annual Fee
If you spend at least $3,000 in purchases within your first 90 days of becoming a card member, you will receive a bonus of 50,000 points, which can be redeemed for cash rewards of $500. You can also get up to $200 in travel credit to pay for airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credit, which adds up the bonus for new card holders to $700.
You will earn unlimited 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all other purchases. Points can be redeemed in your online credit card account for cash rewards, gift cards, or travel. Each point redeemed is worth $0.01 (For example, 2,500 points can be redeemed for $25 in cash rewards or gift cards). Therefore, your rewards is equivalent to 2% back for each dollar you spend on travel and dining purchases and 1.5% back on all other purchases.
With the Bank of America’s Preferred Rewards Program, you may earn up to 75% additional bonus on your rewards, which means that your rewards may reach 3.5% for travel and dining, and 2.625% on all other purchases.
There is no limit to the points you can earn, and your points don’t expire, which means you don’t have to worry about losing points.
Additional Travel rewards
The Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card has no foreign transaction fees, which is a friendly feature for international travelers who may use the credit card abroad. It also offers up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits, plus valuable travel insurance protections – you will get up to a $100 Airline Incidental Statement Credit annually for qualifying purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, in-flight services, and airline lounge fees, and will get up to $100 Airport Security Statement Credit towards TSA Pre✓ or Global Entry Application fee, every four years
The airline incidental credit can help you pay for fees such as checked baggage or in-flight refreshments. The airport expedited screening program, such as TSA Pre✓ and Global Entry, can save travelers 20 to 30 minutes in most airports. TSA Pre✓ provides expedited security screening benefits for flights departing from U.S. Airports. Global Entry provides the TSA Pre✓ benefit plus expedited US customs screening for international air travelers when entering the United States. TSA Pre✓ costs $85 and Global Entry costs $100 for a five year membership. The travel credit will be automatically applied to your card statement.
Preferred Rewards Program – earn a bonus of up to 75% on rewards
If you are a Bank of America Preferred Rewards customer, you may receive a bonus of as much as 25%, 50% and 75% depending on your eligible tier. For example, if you earn $100 in base rewards, your Preferred Rewards bonus will add $25, $50 or $75 to your reward earnings, totaling $125, $150 or $175. This means that eligible Preferred Rewards customer will see their rewards on travel and dining boosted from the base 2% to 2.5%, 3% and 3.5%. For other purchases, your rewards will increase from 1.5% to 1.875%, 2.25% and 2.625%.
There are 3 tiers in the Preferred Rewards program: Gold, Platinum and Platinum Honors. Your tier is based on your qualifying combined balances in your Bank of America® banking and/or Merrill Edge® and Merrill Lynch® investment accounts. The following chart shows the minimum balance required to qualify for gold, Platinum, Platinum Honors is $20k, $50k and $100k, respectively.
How to redeem points
To redeem points, you just need to sign in to your online account of Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card and click on the “Rewards” tab, which will show the point balance of your account, along with an option to redeem the points for cash rewards, travel, or gift cards.
When your points balance is 2,500 points or more, you can redeem your points. For cash rewards, you can choose to receive a statement credit, an electronic deposit into a Bank of America® checking or savings account, a contribution to an eligible Cash Management Account® with Merrill Lynch Wealth Management® or Merrill Edge®, or College 529 savings account held at Merrill Lynch. Points may also be redeemed for travel at the Travel Center, or gift cards. For most gift cards, you can typically redeem every 2,500 points for a $25 gift cards.
There is an annual fee of $95. With all the travel benefits and a generous bonus valued at $500, frequent travelers can easily earn enough rewards to offset the cost of the annual fee.
Required Credit Rating
The Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card is for people with good or excellent credit rating. If you have a credit score of 700 or more, you may be qualified for the credit card.
Is this the right card for you?
If you value rewards and like travel benefits such as expedited security screening or airline incidental credit, the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card is the right card for you. It is one of the best travel credit cards with no foreign transaction fees. It offers a solid 2% rewards on travel and dining purchases. Furthermore, if you are a customer of Bank of America or plan to do so in the future, you can take advantage of the extra rewards bonus for Preferred Rewards members, which will increase your travel and dining rewards to as much as 3.5% back.
This credit card has a low annual fee of $95, but it offers 50,000 bonus points for new card members, which can offset more than five years of annual fee. In addition, its generous rewards and valuable travel perks make it a useful credit card for travelers.
Similar Credit Cards
If you are interested in the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card, you may also consider a few other travel credit cards with similar benefits.
|Credit Cards||Purchase APR||Transfer Info||Annual Fee||Credit Level|
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card|| |
14.74% - 24.74% (Variable) APR
14.74% - 24.74% (Variable) APR
No balance transfer fee
$0 intro for first year; $95 after that
|Excellent, Good CreditApply NowView Card Details|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card|| |
0% intro APR
14.49% - 26.99% (Variable) APR after that
0% intro APR
14.49% - 26.99% (Variable) APR after that
|Good / Excellent CreditApply NowView Card Details|
|Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card - 25,000 Bonus Points Offer|| |
0% intro APR
16.99% - 24.99% Variable APR after that
16.99% - 24.99% Variable APR
|Excellent / Good CreditApply NowView Card Details|
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- New! Earn 30K bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months - that's a $300 cash redemption value
- Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in
- Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit
- Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
- Earn 1X points on other purchases
- $0 Annual Fee
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 14.49%-26.99% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
- Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire
- NEW OFFER: 25,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars, or baggage fees
- Comes with chip technology for enhanced security and protection at chip-enabled terminals
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases, then 16.99% - 24.99% Variable APR
- Get an additional 10% customer points bonus on every purchase when you have an active Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you're a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25% - 75%