Citi Rewards+® Card, from our partner, is a unique personal card that combines many nice features in one card. It gives new card members a moderate bonus, rewards cardholders for everyday purchases, and offers 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. All of these perks come with no annual fee. If you are just looking for a no-annual-fee credit card to earn decent rewards on your regular expenses, the Citi Rewards+® Card would be a good option.
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $200 in gift cards at thankyou.com
- For a limited time, earn 5 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent on air travel and hotels up to $6,000 in the first 12 months and then 1 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent thereafter.
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months from date of first transfer and on purchases from date of account opening. After that, the variable APR will be 14.24% - 24.24%, based on your creditworthiness. There is an intro balance transfer fee of 3% of each transfer (minimum $5) completed within the first 4 months of account opening. After that, your fee will be 5% of each transfer (minimum $5).
- The Citi Rewards+® Card - the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap.
- Earn 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X ThankYou® Points on All Other Purchases.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 14.24% - 24.24%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
- Intro APR
- 0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers
- Intro APR Period
- 15 months
- Regular APR
- 14.24% - 24.24% (Variable)
- Annual Fee
If you spend at least $1,500 in purchases on the credit card within your first 3 months of becoming a card member, you will receive a bonus of 20,000 ThankYou Points, which can be redeemed for $200 in cash rewards or gift cards at thankyou.com.
How to Earn Rewards
For a limited time, you will earn 5 ThankYou Points for each dollar spent on air travel and hotels up to $6,000 in the first 12 months and then 1 ThankYou Points per dollar spent thereafter.
You will earn 2 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 per year and 1 point per $1 spent thereafter. You will also earn 1 ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on all other purchases.
For example, if you spend $3,000 on gas, $3,000 on groceries, $8,000 on everything else in a year, you will receive 20,000 ThankYou rewards points, redeemable for $200 in cash rewards. You can use our rewards calculator to find out how many rewards points you may receive.
|Spending Category||Spending||Rewards Points|
Rounding up Rewards to the next 10 Points
Your rewards actually round up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase – with no cap. For example, you earn 10 points for a $2 purchase of coffee and earn 30 points for a $21 lunch. It means that in most circumstances, you will earn more rewards than the baseline rewards rates of 2 points per dollar for gas and groceries, and 1 point per dollar for everything else.
How to Redeem Rewards
Points can be redeemed for cash rewards or statement credit, gift cards, travel, or merchandise. Redemption for cash rewards starts at 5,000 points for $50. When you use points to redeem for gift cards, each point is worth 1 cent, which means that 100 points equals $1 in redemption value. Redemption for gift cards starts at 2,500 points for $25. There are a wide variety of popular gift cards that you can choose from at thankyou.com, such as Target, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Macy’s, GAP, Old Navy, Sephora, Legal Sea Foods, Red Lobster, Chili’s, etc. You can easily redeem the bonus points for a gift cards of your favorite retail store or restaurant.
Annual 10% Points Back
The Citi Rewards+® Card lets you receive 10% points back for the first 100,000 ThankYou® Points that you redeem per year. For example, if you redeem 15,000 points for the year, you get 1,500 points back, which can be redeemed later.
Fees and 0% Intro APR
This credit card has no annual fee. You can keep the card without having to pay an annual fee. It also lets you enjoy 0% introductory APR on purchases and qualified balance transfers for 15 months. After the intro period ends, the go-to rate of 14.24% - 24.24% (variable) applies. You can use it to carry a credit-card balance and pay no interest for an extended period of 15 months, as long as you make the monthly minimum payments.
Required Credit Rating
The Citi Rewards+® Card is for people with good or excellent credit scores.
Is this the right card for you?
If you are looking to earn straightforward rewards with well-rounded benefits, the Citi Rewards+® Card is one of the best credit cards for you. It offers a generous bonus of 20,000 points, redeemable for $200, and up to 5X rewards on purchases. It is the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase. It also lets you earn 10% bonus rewards points for the first 100,000 ThankYou Points you redeem per year. In addition, the Citi Rewards+® Card has no annual fee.
Similar Credit Cards
If you are interested in the Citi Rewards+® Card, you may also consider a few other credit cards with similar benefits.
|Credit Card||Bonus and Rewards||Annual Fee|
|Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card||$0|
|Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card||$0|
|Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card||$95|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||$95|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.|
|Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express||$0|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||$0|
|Chase Freedom Flex℠||$0|
|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card||$0|