Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a travel credit card designed to deliver exceptional experiences. It is one of the few credit cards that allow you to transfer your points to some of the most popular frequent flyer programs at a 1:1 ratio. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points if you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. You earn 2 points per dollar you spend on travel and dining at restaurants, 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
If you spend at least $4,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of becoming a card member, you will receive a bonus of 60,000 points, which can be redeemed for cash rewards of $600. If you redeem for travel rewards through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you can redeem for $750. Redemption for travel gives you 25% more in value than redemption for cash rewards.
You will earn 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and dining purchases and 1 points per dollar spent on all other purchases. Points can be redeemed for cash rewards, gift cards, or travel. When you use points to redeem for cash, each point is worth 1 cent, which means that 100 points equals $1 in redemption value. Each point you redeem for travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards is worth $.0125, which means that 100 points equals $1.25 in redemption value.
1:1 Point Transfer to Leading Frequent Travel Programs
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card allows you to transfer points to leading frequent travel programs at a full 1:1 value with no transfer fees. Frequent travel programs include popular airline and hotel loyalty programs such as United MileagePlus®, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, JetBlue TrueBlue, British Airways Executive Club, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, IHG® Rewards Club, Marriott Bonvoy™, World of Hyatt®.
Additional Travel Benefits
On top of all the nice features, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card does not charge foreign transaction fees. Most other credit cards charge 3% foreign transaction fees, which costs you extra $30 for each $1,000 you spend while traveling abroad. With no foreign transaction fees, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is the perfect card to use when you travel overseas for business trips or personal vacations.
There is an annual fee of $95. With all the travel benefits and a generous bonus, frequent travelers can easily earn enough rewards to offset the cost of the annual fee.
Required Credit Rating
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is for people with good or excellent credit rating. If you have a credit score of 700 or more, you may be qualified for the credit card.
Is this the right card for you?
If you value rewards and like travel benefits such as 1-to-1 point transfer to travel loyalty programs, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is the right card for you. It is a travel credit card with no foreign transaction fees. It offers a solid 2X rewards on travel and dining purchases.
This credit card has a low annual fee of $95, but it offers rich bonus points for new card members, which can offset more than a few years of annual fee. In addition, its generous rewards and valuable travel perks make it a useful credit card for travelers.