IHG has another membership program called the InterContinental Ambassador Hotel Loyalty Program that is specific to its high-end brand, InterContinental Hotels. This program offers a full range of first-class services and exclusive benefits to enhance your hotel stay. Becoming an IC member gives you automatic Elite status in IHG® Rewards Club. The Ambassador Loyalty Program consists of two levels, Ambassador status and Royal Ambassador status.
How to become an InterContinental Ambassador Program member
There membership fee of $200 to become a member of the IC Ambassador Program. IHG Rewards Club members can also purchase membership for 32,000. After a year, membership can be renewed for an annual fee of $150. You can join online or at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts location, or call the Ambassador Service Center at:
|US & Canada||United Kingdom||Rest of the World|
Royal Ambassador status is invite only. They do not publish their requirements, but the best speculation is 60+ paid nights at various brands at a number of InterContinental properties during the past year.
InterContinental Ambassador Benefits
- Guaranteed room upgrade: an immediate upgrade to a superior room, or one category higher than purchased, upon check-in.
- Single-room rate for double occupancy.
- Fresh fruit upon arrival and mineral water.
- Complimentary weekend night certificate, valid at the InterContinental Hotel of your choice.
- 4pm late checkout.
- One complimentary pay-TV film per stay.
- Complimentary daily newspaper.
- In-room welcome gift.
- Instant checkout.
- Elite status in IHG® Rewards Club
- 5,000 bonus IHG® Rewards Club points
InterContinental Royal Ambassador Benefits
- All Ambassador benefits mentioned above
- Early check-in (8 am)
- A guaranteed upgrade to an Executive room, Club InterContinental room, or a Suite at check-in (except on award stays).
- Health-club access
- Complimentary beverages from the mini-bar (except on award stays)