Hilton HHonors™ is a loyalty program designed for guests to easily accumulate rewards and enjoy the free nights, upgrades or special packages when they stay at one of thousands of Hilton hotels across the globe.
Hilton HHonors allows you to earn HHonors Base Points, as well as HHonors Bonus points, through hotel stays, family reunion, rewards partners and Hilton credit cards.
How many HHonors points do I earn from hotel stays?
The number of HHonors Points you earn varies by Hilton hotel brands and your elite status. To earn points, just provide your Hilton HHonors account number when making a reservation, and when checking-in at participating hotels. In order to earn both base points and bonus points, make sure you choose your earning style as “points + points” in your account profile.
There are four tiers to the rewards program: Blue, Silver, Gold, and Diamond. When you enroll for the free membership program, you are automatically Blue status; and after 4 stays or 10 nights, you will be promoted to Silver status; 20 stays, 40 nights, or 75,000 base points to Gold status; and 30 stays, 60 nights, or 120,000 base points to Diamond status. When you reach elite status, you will automatically receive extra HHonors Bonus Points on all the Base Points you earn. You will receive a 15% bonus once you reach Silver status, a 25% bonus once you reach Gold status, and a 50% bonus once you achieve Diamond status. Below is how many points you can earn with each status.
Hilton HHonors Blue
- 10 Base Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rates and services at Conrad, Canopy, Curio, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacation, and Waldorf Astoria;
- 10 Base Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Hampton and Homewood Suites.
- 5 Base Points + 2.5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Home2 Suites.
Hilton HHonors Silver
- 10 Base Points + 1.5 Elite Bonus Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rates and services at the above mentioned hotel brands;
- 10 Base Points + 1.5 Elite Bonus Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Hampton and Homewood Suites;
- 5 Base Points + 0.75 Elite Bonus Points + 2.5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Home2 Suites.
Hilton HHonors Gold
- 10 Base Points + 2.5 Elite Bonus Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rates and services at the above mentioned hotel brands;
- 10 Base Points + 2.5 Elite Bonus Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Hampton and Homewood Suites;
- 5 Base Points + 1.25 Elite Bonus Points + 2.5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Home2 Suites.
Hilton HHonors Diamond
- 10 Base Points + 5 Elite Bonus Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rates and services at the above mentioned hotel brands;
- 10 Base Points + 5 Elite Bonus Points + 5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites;
- 5 Base Points + 2.5 Elite Bonus Points + 2.5 Bonus Points for every $1 spent on room rate for Home2 Suites.
How to Earn more HHonors Points with a credit card
With a Hilton credit card, you can easily earn free hotel nights, get big sign-up bonuses, earn more Hilton Hhonors points, reach elite status much faster and enjoy the advanced card perks. Hilton offers travel rewards credit cards that make it easy for you to accumulate reward points.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Relax with 10 free airport lounge visits each year once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which offers access to over 1,000 lounges in over 120 countries.
- Terms apply.
- Intro APR
- Intro APR Period
- Regular APR
- 15.74% - 24.74% Variable
- Annual Fee (Rates & Fees)
Convert Airline Miles to HHonors points
Hilton also has airline partners whose airline miles can be converted into HHonors points:
- Amtrak: 5,000 Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for 10,000 HHonors Points.
- Flying Blue: Exchange Flying Blue miles directly for hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.
- Hawaiian Airlines: 10,000 HawaiianMiles for 15,000 HHonors Points or 20,000 HawaiianMiles for 30,000 HHonors Points.
- Icelandair: Exchange Saga Club points directly for hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.
- LifeMiles – Avianca: Exchange LifeMiles directly for hotels within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands
- Miles & More Lufthansa: Exchange Miles & More miles directly for hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.
- Multiplus: 5, 000 Multiplus Points for 6,250 HHonors Points.
- OK Cashbag: 37,500 OK Cashbag points for 5,000 HHonors points.
- Olympic Air: 5,000 Travelair Club miles for 10,000 HHonors Points.
- Srilankan Airlines: 20,000 FlySmiLes miles for 10,000 HHonors points.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways: 10,000 Flying Club miles for 15,000 HHonors Points*. Minimum: 10,000 miles.
What is Hilton HHonors event planner?
The Hilton HHonors® Event Planner Bonus Program allows members to plan meetings, conferences, weddings, family reunions, and other special occasions at Hilton hotels in the U.S. and Canada. Members who hold qualifying events at participating hotels can earn 1 HHonors Bonus Point or 1 airline mile per US$1 spent, with a maximum of 100,000 points and 100,000 miles. Some hotels have specific criteria, such as a spending requirement or a minimum attendees requirement. Book a venue today.
Earn Hilton HHonors points from rewards partners
You can earn even more points through purchases and services made through Hilton’s many rewards partners.
Transportation Partners: AirChina, AAdvantage, Alamo, Amtrak, Avis, British Airways, Car Club, CruisesOnly, Delta, Sixt, United, and more.
Shopping, Dining, and Entertainment: American Cellars Wine Club, Best Buy, Bloomingdales, Magazine Awards, Nike’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, and more.
Buy, Give, and Receive Points: If you or someone you know is just shy of the points requirements to redeem a free night, then you can purchase or receive the points to meet the requirement. Maybe you want to combine points with your spouse or close friends in order to plan your free hotel stays.
Exchange Points with credit card partners: You can also turn points and miles from other rewards programs into more HHonors Points. For example, you can transfer 1,000 Citi Thank You points or 1,000 Amex membership rewards for 1,500 HHonors Bonus Points.
The Fine Print
When earning Hilton HHonors points, you need to keep the following things in mind:
- In order to earn bonus points, you need to select your earning style option to: points+points in your HHonors profile. If you don’t, you will only earn the base points not the bonus points.
- Only the base points you earn will qualify for your elite status.
- A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio.
- Eligible folio charges include room rate, food and beverage, telephone, laundry, pay-per-view movies, entertainment and recreational facilities, and other incidental charges charged to the Member’s room during the Member’s stay. Dining room or other charges not billed to a Member’s room during a stay are not eligible for credit.
- Your points will expire if there is no activities in your account for 12 consecutive month.
Have any further questions or comments? Contact Hilton HHonors Customer Support.