General-purpose travel credit cards are designed for frequent travelers who fly multiple airlines or stay in different brands of hotels. The rewards structure of those credit cards is simple and straightforward. The points or miles can be redeemed for nearly any travel purchase you choose, such as airline tickets, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, cruises, trains, taxis, baggage fees and travel agents. On top of that, some of the general travel credit cards offer you sign-up bonuses and exclusive privileges, such as airline fee credit for incidental expenses.
If you like the flexibility of redeeming reward miles or points for any of your travel expenses, you may consider the following travel credit cards.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Terms Apply
- Intro APR
- Intro APR Period
- Regular APR
- Annual Fee (Rates & Fees)