The Starwood Preferred Guest Program gives members an opportunity to earn quality hotel nights and rewards around the world. Starwood is dedicated to making sure you enjoy both your experience during your stay, and your reward redemptions afterwards. Earning Starpoints is effortless; find out how to accumulate points below.
Earn Starwood points from hotel stays
As a Starwood Preferred Guest member, you earn 2 Starpoints for every $1 spent on eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels. The SPG program has two Elite levels, Gold Preferred Guest and Platinum Preferred Guest, who receive a 50% bonus and thus receive 3 Starpoints for every $1 spent. Platinum Preferred Guest with 75 nights will receive 4 Starpoints for every $1 spent. Even without a hotel stay, all members may earn Starpoints for eligible spending on food and beverages at participating hotels.
Earn extra Starpoints from rewards partners
SPG members who link their SPG and Total Rewards accounts (Caesars Entertainment’s award-winning loyalty program) can also earn Starpoints and elite qualifying night credits for stays at Caesars Entertainment hotels, such as Caesars Palace, Paris, Planet Hollywood, and more.
- Registered SPG members earn 2 Starpoints® for every eligible $1 charged to their hotel folio at Caesars Entertainment hotels (in addition to Reward Credits earned through Total Rewards, Caesars Entertainment’s award-winning loyalty program).
- Plus, registered SPG members earn credit toward SPG elite qualification for redeemed and paid Caesars Entertainment stays, up to 10 nights per calendar year.
- SPG Platinum members can take advantage of VIP Access at Caesars Entertainment hotels in Las Vegas – VIP Line for hotel check-in, casino cages, select restaurants, entertainment venues, nightclubs, and more!
You can also earn Starpoints with Uber; earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 USD spent with Uber. During your stays with SPG, you can earn 2-4 Starpoints (based on your tier level) per $1 USD with Uber, in addition to your standard SPG earnings. Just sign in to your SPG account and select SIGN UP FOR UBER. You’ll automatically get a credit toward your first ride.
Earn more Starpoints with meeting rewards
You can earn 1 Starpoint for every $3USD in eligible spendings on meetings and events, for up to 20,000 Starpoints per event, excluding special promotions and incentives. Eligible spendings include all group room revenue, meeting room rental, and catering. Members with Elite status can earn even more.
Currently, there is a promotion offer valid through October 31, 2015. Book a group at a participating Starwood hotel or resort in the U.S., Canada, or Latin America, and receive:
- 2% discount on master-billed rooms
- Signing bonus of 1,000 Starpoints for every 10 room nights booked, up to 100,000 Starpoints.
- Your choice of one of the following:
- One complimentary standard room for one night for every eligible 35 paid room nights
- One complimentary room-type upgrade for one night for every eligible 35 paid room nights during the event
- One complimentary 1-hour welcome reception
You can call your Starwood sales Associated to book by October 31, 2015, for arrival by December 31, 2015 at these participating locations.
Make a green choice and earn 500 Starpoints
Starwood is dedicated to conservation and making green choices around the world. In participating hotels in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, you can earn up to 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints for each day you decline housekeeping services.
- Participating North America hotels Sheraton, Westin, Luxury Collection, Méridien, St. Regis, and W locations reward 500 Starpoints or a $5 Food & Beverages voucher a night; the maximum number of nights allowed is determined by each hotel.
- Participating North American hotels Aloft, Element, and Four Points reward 250 Starpoints a night.
- You cannot decline housekeeping services the day of departure; only stay over nights count.
- To participate in Make a Green Choice, hang the Make a Green Choice door hanger outside your room by 3 am, or let the hotel know during check-in that you are opting-in.
- You can receive Make a Green Choice credit for up to 3 rooms as long as you stay in 1 and pay for all 3 rooms.
Earn 30,000 Starpoints with the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card
With the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card, you can earn 2 Starpoints for every $1 of eligible purchases charged on the card at participating SPG hotels in addition to the 2-3 Starpoints you already earn just by being a SPG member, meaning you will be earning a total of 4-5 points per $1 spent at Starwood hotels. You also earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card also credits you 2 stays and 5 nights each year you are a member, which count towards gaining your Elite status. You can reach Gold Preferred Guest status with 10 eligible stays or 25 eligible nights in a calendar year, and Platinum Preferred Guest status with 25 stays or 50 nights in a calendar year. If you spend at least $30,000 per year, then you automatically bump up to Gold status.
How to earn Airline Miles
Starwood Preferred Guest members can earn miles with the frequent flyer program of their choice by enrolling in the Airline Direct Deposit Program. After switching from Starpoints to miles, you will automatically earn miles for your hotel stays at the same rate you would have earned Starpoints.
In addition, you can transfer Starpoints to 30 airline frequent flyer programs, mostly on a 1:1 basis. Not only that, but you will also receive an additional 5,000 Starpoints bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to miles. That makes the total amount of miles to 25,000, an increase of 25 percent.
Are Rewards points and miles interchangeable?
As stated above, you can transfer Starpoints to 30 airline frequent flyer programs, mostly on a 1:1 basis. You also receive a 5,000 Starpoints bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to miles. Points that are transferred into airline miles are also non-refundable. As of now, you cannot return, convert, or transfer airline miles into Starpoints. Call Starwood at 888-625-4988 for an internal transfer of points.
The Fine Print
- An SPG Member may only earn Starpoints, Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays for up to three guest rooms during any Stay if you stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or, redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms.
- You are not able to earn Starpoints if the guest room was booked through a tour operator, online travel channel or other third party channel such as expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, travelocity.com, ctrip.com, and elong.com.
- You are not able to earn Starpoints if the guest room was booked at a group rate as part of an event, meeting, conference or organized tour, and the SPG Member does not directly pay the SPG Participating Hotel for such room.
Have any further questions or comments? Contact SPG Customer Care.