If you have poor credit and are looking for a credit card to rebuild credit history, consider using the First Access Visa Card. It offers subprime users an unsecured credit card to improve credit. You can be approved for the card even if your FICO credit score is under 550. The First Access Visa Card reports monthly to all three major credit reporting agencies. It also allows you to increase credit limit once every six months, which will have a positive effect on your credit score.
- Checking Account Required
- Reporting monthly to all three major credit reporting agencies
- Perfect credit not required for approval; we may approve you when others won't
- Easy and secure online application
- $300 credit limit (subject to available credit)
- The First Access Visa Card is issued by The Bank of Missouri pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
- Intro APR
- Intro APR Period
- Regular APR
- See Terms
- Annual Fee
- See Terms
If you have experienced credit problems in the past or have not established a credit profile yet, it will be difficult for you to obtain new credit lines or loans. Don’t worry. The First Access Visa Card can come to the rescue. It is an unsecured subprime credit card which does not require a security deposit to open an account. It accepts applicants of damaged creditworthiness, such as those who have filed for bankruptcy before, have a pattern of being late for payments, or owe money to collection agencies. If your credit score is low, most card issuers would consider you as a risky customer and would refuse to grant you an unsecured credit card. But you can still be approved for the First Access Visa Card because it is a card designed for people with poor credit to regain their footing on credit ratings.
The First Access Visa Card has an easy online application and can give you an instant approval within 60 seconds, which is convenient. It is a true VISA credit card that is widely accepted by most merchants around the world.
New cardholders usually start out with a $300 credit limit with the card. Although the initial credit limit is low, you can request an increase in credit limit every six months. A higher credit limit will positively impact your credit score, because a higher credit limit helps reducing your credit utilization, which leads to a better credit score. The card is a good credit-building tool. If you use the card and responsibly manage your payments, your credit rating will become better over time.
Rates and Fees
As with any unsecured credit card designed for bad-credit consumers, the First Access Visa Card has a high APR, an annual fee, and a one-time processing fee. Due to the intrinsic risks associated with subprime customers who are more likely to default on their debts, it is common for subprime cards to have high APR and fees to offset the risks.
Is this the right card for you?
If you have damaged credit and are looking to repair your credit, the First Access Visa Card is a good credit card to build credit. Unlike a secured credit card, it is an unsecured card and you don’t need to make a security deposit. It is a VISA card that can be used almost everywhere. It has an easy online application and you can receive an instant approval. It reports to all three major credit bureaus of Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. As long as you make payments on time, this card will be the perfect tool to help you re-establish your credit.
Similar Cards for Credit Building
If you are interested in the First Access Visa Card, you may also consider a few other credit-building cards with similar benefits.
|Credit Cards||Purchase APR||Transfer Info||Annual Fee||Credit Level|
|OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card|| |
17.39% (variable) APR
17.39% (variable) APR
|Poor CreditLearn MoreView Card Details|
- No credit check necessary to apply. OpenSky believes in giving an opportunity to everyone.
- The refundable* deposit you provide becomes your credit line limit on your Visa card. Choose it yourself, from as low as $200.
- Build credit quickly. OpenSky reports to all 3 major credit bureaus.
- 99% of our customers who started without a credit score earned a credit score record with the credit bureaus in as little as 6 months.
- We have a Facebook community of people just like you; there is a forum for shared experiences, and insights from others on our Facebook Fan page. (Search "OpenSky Card" in Facebook.)
- OpenSky provides credit tips and a dedicated credit education page on our website to support you along the way.
- *View our Cardholder Agreement located at the bottom of the application page for details of the card.