It might not be easy to rebuild bad credit, but it isn’t impossible. Fortunately, there is one tool that people with bad credit scores can use to rebuild their credit at minimal cost.
Fingerhut’s new Fingerhut Credit Account offers people with bad credit a chance to rebuild their credit scores. In these days of high annual fees and big application fees just to apply for a credit-repair credit card, Fingerhut’s offering is truly unique and valuable.
The way it works is simple: Fingerhut has targeted its card to people with low FICO scores between 550 and 610, which is typically considered fair to poor credit. In these days of tight credit and strict lending requirements for all types of credit, people with credit scores in this range find it almost impossible to get a credit card of any kind, and the few companies that will give a credit card charge a lot in hidden fees. Some companies will charge over $100 in fees just to get a card to help you rebuild your credit.
The Fingerhut card is different. There is no annual fee and no over-limit fee, so you don’t have to worry about paying fees just to rebuild your credit. Plus, there is no application fee, so there’s no risk in applying for a card, and there’s a very good chance that you will get approved.
What is fingerhut and where can I use my Fingerhut credit card
Fingerhut has been around for about 70 years as a catalog retailer and, more recently, the company has begun selling its products online. Fingerhut sells thousands of products in a variety of categories, including clothing, baby products, cameras, televisions, stereos, video games, cell phones, musical instruments, home theater systems, health products, cosmetics, furniture, jewelry, sports equipment, tools, toys, and several other products. Similar to Amazon, Target, and Wal-Mart, Fingerhut offers thousands of products from well-known brands to its customers, in addition to hundreds of clearance and deeply discounted products.
Cardholders can use their Fingerhut credit card at Fingerhut’s online mall and rebuild their credit while buying the merchandise that they need and want. That’s why the Fingerhut card is a great opportunity to rebuild credit at a minimal cost.
How long will it take to rebuild credit with the Fingerhut credit card?
Fingerhut offers customers a chance to apply for its credit account and use it online, so it takes no time to get up and running. Fingerhut reports monthly to the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion), so using the Fingerhut Credit Account wisely and paying off balances in a timely fashion will swiftly improve cardholders’ FICO scores.
- Easy application! Get a credit decision in seconds.
- Build your credit history - Fingerhut reports to all 3 major credit bureaus
- Use your line of credit to shop thousands of items from great brands like Samsung, KitchenAid, and DeWalt
- Enjoy payments as low as $6.99 per month if you apply and are accepted for a Fingerhut Credit Account issued by WebBank, who determines eligibility and qualifications for the terms of credit
- Intro APR
- Intro APR Period
- Regular APR
- See Issuer Website
- Annual Fee
Similar Credit Cards
If you are interested in the Fingerhut Credit Account, you may also consider a few other options that are for people with poor credit rating to rebuild credit history.
|Credit Cards||Purchase APR||Transfer Info||Annual Fee||Credit Level|
|Capital One® Secured Mastercard®|| |
26.99% (Variable) APR
26.99% (Variable) APR
No balance transfer fee
|Limited, Bad CreditLearn MoreView Card Details|
|Gettington Credit Card|| |
See Issuer Website
See Issuer Website
|Any CreditLearn MoreView Card Details|
- No annual fee, and all the credit building benefits with responsible card use
- Unlike a prepaid card, it builds credit when used responsibly, with regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- Access to an authorized bank account is required to make your $49, $99 or $200 refundable security deposit
- Make the minimum required security deposit and you'll get an initial credit line of $200. Plus, deposit more money before your account opens to get a higher credit line
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time with no additional deposit needed
- Easily manage your account 24/7 with online access, by phone or using our mobile app
- It's a credit card accepted at millions of locations worldwide
- Easy application
- Get a credit decision in seconds!
- Use your line of credit to shop 100s of popular name brands, top trends and tons of hot deals
- Get EASY payments on everything if you apply and are accepted for a Gettington Credit Account issued by WebBank, who determines eligibility and qualifications for the terms of credit
- Not an access card